Sunday, December 17, 2006

*How to pay your Student room fees


At the end of September, the Student Residence Office will ask you to pay your room fees. You have to pay the whole amount (for me it was 7200 HK$ or 720 euros) in once. You have to go to the bank which is next to the library of CityU. If you do not want to line up a too long time (less than 30 minutes) at the bank (and yes, there is so many people here that we line up almost for everything!), the best time to pay is early in the morning (before 10 am).

Personally, since I have a Visa card with an International contract with my French Bank (Jazz International à la Société Générale) I did not apply for the Hong Kong banks (HSBC or Hang Seng bank).

Hence, I have to pay my room fees in cash ! But with my visa card, I cannot withdraw more than 4600 HK$ (460 euros) per week. So, I had to withdraw the money twice.

Please, when you withdraw and then store the money for your room fees, be careful of the thieves ! Last year, the ISTM student who was there had been stolen, and this year, I know than an American student was stolen 5000 HK$ (500 euros)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home